You may be under the impression that you need to spend money on hair care products to keep your hair shiny and healthy. That is not always the case because many natural alternatives work better than those commercially available products that are laden with chemicals. Interestingly, you can use aspirin for hair, as it can help eliminate dandruff and dryness. Regular use proves effective against other hair related problems. Let’s find out how to use aspirin to get healthy hair.
How Can Aspirin Help Your Hair?
Provided that you use aspirin properly, you can improve the overall look of your hair in a short time. Here is when you can make use of aspirin.
- Restore Natural Hair Color: If you always worry about losing your original hair color when swimming in a chlorinated pool, consider using aspirin to resolve this issue. Simply take a few aspirin tablets and dissolve them in a warm glass of water. Apply it directly to your hair and then wash after 15 minutes to restore your hair’s natural color.
- Get Shinier Hair: The use of aspirin can add shine to your hair mainly because it contains the salicylic acid. The acid helps remove any buildup from your hair. It also opens up the hair cuticles to improve your hair’s natural luster.
- Get Rid of Dandruff: It is hard to remove dandruff using commercially available products, but the use of aspirin can help control and finally eliminate dandruff from your hair. Again, the salicylic acid is the reason why aspirin is effective against dandruff but be sure to use it sparingly to get good results.
- Promote Hair Growth: Experts believe that anything that can inhibit the production of prostaglandin D2 can help promote hair growth. Aspirin may help because it is considered a prostaglandin inhibitor.
How to Apply Aspirin to Your Hair
Using aspirin for hair seems to be a good idea, but you should also know how to use it properly. You can make an aspirin hair treatment or go for an aspirin hair lotion. Here is what to do:
1. Making an Aspirin Hair Treatment
- 3 tablets of aspirin
- 3 tbsp. of shampoo
Take the tablets and grind them nicely. Take 3 tbsp. of your regular shampoo and add that aspirin powder to it. Mix well and apply to your hair while taking a shower. Be sure to leave the mixture in your hair for five minutes and then rinse your hair. Finish by using your conditioner.
2. Making a Hair Lotion
- 8 tablets of aspirin
- Half liter of water
Grind the tablets to make a powder and then add it to a half liter of water. Be sure to take half water for this purpose. Now, take a spray bottle and fill it up with the aspirin mixture. Simply spray it to your hair before going to bed. Do not forget to shake the spray bottle well before each use.
3. Repairing Chlorinated Hair
Your regular trips to the beach may certainly freshen up your mood, but you may end up damaging your hair in the process. Exposing your hair to chlorinated water can lead to discoloration. Here is how to protect your hair by using aspirin for hair.
Take six aspirin tablets and dissolve them in a glass of warm water. Run this mixture through your hair for about 15 minutes. Wait for a few minutes and then rinse your hair. Regular use will help restore the original color of your hair.
Other Benefits of Aspirin
There certainly are some amazing benefits associated with the idea of using aspirin for hair, but you can also use it for other purposes. For instance:
1. Treat Your Acne
You can use this pain reliever to treat your acne. Aspirin may help unclog your pores, reduce swelling, and soften your skin at the same time. Aspirin contains acetyl salicylic acid, which work great against acne. This active ingredient is the synthetic version of the compound found in the willow tree. If you check your OTC acne treatments, you will notice that most of them contain willow bark, which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. The salicylic acid in aspirin can also reduce inflammation and even clear acne in a few days. Take a tablespoon of full-fat yogurt along with a tablespoon of honey and add five crushed aspirin tablets to the mixture. Apply it to your face to help reduce acne.
2. Get Rid of Calluses
Calluses look unsightly, but they can be extremely uncomfortable too, especially when you have them near the heel of your feet. Again, aspirin can help reduce pain and inflammation caused by those calluses. Take a tablespoon of lemon juice and add six crushed aspirin tablets to the juice. Apply it directly to the affected area for relief.
3. Take Care of a Hickey
A love bite or hickey can make you feel embarrassed in front of others, but you can save yourself from all the hassle simply by applying aspirin to the affected area. Take two aspirin pills and put them in half a cup of water. Mix well and apply the mixture on the hickey for several times a day. It improves blood flow to your skin and helps reduces the appearance of the hickey.
4. Treat Insect Bites
One great way to treat insect bites and stings is to apply aspirin to the affected area. Simply apply some water to the affected area and then rub an aspirin over it. While it works great against bee stings, you should see your doctor immediately if you develop an allergic reaction.
5. Take Care of Perspiration Stains
It is hard to remove a sweat stain from your white shirt, but you can get good results by using aspirin. Take two tablets of aspirin, crush them, and add to half cup of warm water. Now, soak your shirt in the mixture and leave for a couple of hours. Wash it as usual to get rid of the stain.
Leave a Reply